Amaravati: Basic infrastructure in 29 villages of the capital region is set for a big boost as the Amaravati Development Corporation has finalized the proposal to lay seven priority roads leading to Velagapudi.
The seven priority roads are being laid at a cost of Rs. 1,020 crore. Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu would lay the foundation stone at Yerrabalem on Ugadi on March 29.
- E8 is an Sub-Arterial road from Venkatapalem Junction to Nekkallu of 13.65 km with 4 lane + 2 lane BRT @ 221 Cr
- N9 is an Sub-Arterial road from Uddandarayunipalem to Nidamarru of 13.16 km with 4 lane + 2 lane BRT @ 197 Cr
- N4 is an Sub-Arterial road from Venkatapalem to Yerrabalem of 7.23 km with 4 lane @ 116 Cr
- N14 is an Sub-Arterial road from Abbarajupalem to Sakhamuru of 8.27 km with 4 lane @ 103 Cr
- E10 is an Sub-Arterial road Penumaka to Inavolu of 7.81 km with 4 lane @ 105 Cr
- E14 is an Sub-Arterial road Nowlur to Electronic City of 7.33 km with 4 lane @ 71 Cr
- N16 is an Sub-Arterial road Pitchakalapalem to Nekkallu of 8.77 km with 4 lane @ 102 Cr
The roads with a width of 40-60 metres would ensure a hassle-free ride to Velagapudi.
The seed access roads are being laid as straight as possible and are being built with high-end technology resembling express highways. The roads would have greenery and a dedicated bicycle track.
Of the seven roads, four would be laid from west to east covering Ananthavaram, Pitchukulavaripalem, Borupalem and Nekkalu.
The roads being laid from North to South would cover Mangalagiri, Nidamarru, Bethapudi, Sakhamuru and would lead to Krishna river. Each road would cover a distance of 8-15 km.
The final master plan has proposals to lay 16 roads towards East and 18 roads towards North at a cost of Rs. 1,800 crore.